Yellow And Cream Mug Mat Quilt

 Yellow And Cream Mug Mat Quilt 

1.   1 piece of fabric at 8 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches 

2.   1 rectangle piece of fabric at 2 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches 

3.   5 square pieces of fabric at 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches 

Piece and stitch together 1 and 2 and press and then stitch all of the 5 squares together.  Take them and then stitch them along the bottom accordingly.  Cut out batting and backing to accommodate the size.   Quilt as you like.   Choose applique of your choice to place on the largest piece. (as seen here I just placed a piece of fabric and then zig zag around it.)















The making of this Mug Mat Quilt was aspired by this video herewith 

https://www.youtube.com/live/hMmSoZqLwi0?si=kPpx8ATzwrfj0XIT"

while viewing it.  I changed it around slightly because starting out I don't have a printer to print out the Tea Pot photo to do applique.   Therefore, all the measurements as given in the instructions of the video remain for the Tea Pot placing and positioning.  I just had a piece of the fabric in my scraps, as seen here and placed it on and then just zigzaged, because I didn't even have any freezer paper as the video instructs to use.   I didn't even cut the piece of fabric or take its measurements to get it to fit.  Next time when making it I can transform it to a tea pot when I get a printer or probably find it in maybe a book, magazine or kids colouring book for tracing.  Tracing brings back childhood days that I used to love tracing and colouring, to which I have not been doing since then.  Like the bible and scriptures say " to renew your youth".  ❤️

Free Pattern Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufb4mvu2s79...

Thank you Lisa Capen Quilts



No comments:

Post a Comment

GROCERY / SHOPPING FOLDABLE BAG

GROCERY / SHOPPING FOLDABLE BAG   This is slightly an altered version of bag, because of an error on my behalf.   However, I was inspired by...