Rotary Cutter



ROTARY CUTTER

A rotary cutter just became a part of my sewing activities a few years ago.  I was always in the use of scissors and pinking shears.  I have gained a little experience using them but still have a long way to go.  Some times I am intimated with using them because they are a very sharp object and unfortunately I had a kittle mishap and cut myself with them, scary.   All in all I think they are great for quilting and patchwork.  

I have the Fiskars 195210-1001 Contour Rotary Cutter, 45mm which I like but have to gain more experience with the various blades and change overs.  


Tiktok video

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS41uFdNr/


7. Rotary Cutter


Learn how to safely and accurately cut fabric using a rotary cutter, ruler, and cutting mat.


ChatGpt

Good morning! Here's the next installment for your Knowledge Base of Basics Series.

Knowledge Base of Basics Series

7. Rotary Cutter

A rotary cutter is one of the most useful tools for quilters and many sewing enthusiasts. It features a sharp, circular blade that rolls across fabric, allowing you to make clean, accurate cuts quickly and with less effort than using scissors.

Rotary cutters are most effective when used together with a quilting ruler and a self-healing cutting mat. The ruler helps keep cuts straight and accurate, while the cutting mat protects your work surface and helps preserve the sharpness of the blade.

Rotary Cutter Safety Tips

  • Always keep the blade guard closed when the cutter is not in use.

  • Cut away from your body and keep your fingers clear of the blade.

  • Replace dull blades promptly, as they require more pressure and can slip more easily.

  • Store rotary cutters safely and out of the reach of children.

Helpful Tip

For the most accurate results, place the ruler firmly on the fabric, hold it securely with your non-cutting hand, and guide the rotary cutter smoothly along the edge of the ruler without lifting the blade during the cut.

Using a rotary cutter, ruler, and cutting mat together makes fabric cutting faster, more precise, and especially helpful when preparing quilt blocks, strips, and other patchwork pieces.

Knowledge Base of Basics is a series designed to help beginners and experienced sewists build confidence by understanding essential sewing and quilting tools and techniques.

This topic pairs perfectly with affiliate links to a 45 mm rotary cutter

self-healing cutting mat, acrylic quilting ruler, and replacement rotary blades from your Amazon storefront.








10 Packs 45mm Rotary Cutter Blades 45mm Quilting supplies Rotary Cutter Blades for fabric by SSPONT, compatible with OLFA,Fiskars,Mr.Pen,DAFA,Truecut etc. Sewing Arts Crafts, Sharp and Durable



or



“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

“This post contains affiliate links.
If you click the link, I earn a small commission—at no extra cost to you.”







U.S. Art Supply 18" x 24" Self-Healing Cutting Mat 5-Ply - Double-Sided Pink/Blue Craft Mat, Non-Slip Cutting Mats for Crafts, Sewing, Quilting, Scrapbooking



or




“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

“This post contains affiliate links.
If you click the link, I earn a small commission—at no extra cost to you.”










Sewing Ruler,5 Piece Quilting Rulers,3 x17 Inch,1.5 x17 Inch,3 x12 Inch,1.5 x10 Inch,1 x6 Inch,Acrylic Ruler,Cutting Ruler with Non-Slip Rings (Black and White)



or


“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

“This post contains affiliate links.
If you click the link, I earn a small commission—at no extra cost to you.”









Fiskars 45mm Titanium Rotary Cutter Blade Replacements for Fabric, 2-Pack | Premium Steel with Titanium Coating for Ultimate Durability, Precision Cutting...




or



“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

“This post contains affiliate links.
If you click the link, I earn a small commission—at no extra cost to you.”








No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotary Cutter

ROTARY CUTTER A rotary cutter just became a part of my sewing activities a few years ago.  I was always in the use of scissors and pinking s...